International Conference CPOTE 2020 is organized by Silesian University of Technology, Department of Thermal Engineering in cooperation with AGH University of Science and Technology, AGH Center of Energy.
The personal data collected during the conference is voluntary provided by the participants; however, the data is necessary for the conference organization. Uploading the abstracts, articles, answers for reviewers and the rest of personal data specified below is realized by website www.s-conferences.eu/cpote2020. Your personal data are managed according to regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, which repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
The personal data administrator is:
Silesian University of Technology, ul. Akademicka 2A, Gliwice 41 -100, Poland,
you can contact the Data Protection Inspector by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CPOTE 2020 Organizers:
Silesian University of Technology, Department of Thermal Engineering, ul Konarskiego 18, Gliwice 41 -100, Poland
AGH University of Science and Technology, AGH Center of Energy, al. Mickiewicza 30, 30-059 Kraków
This privacy statement explains how we use and protect your information. CPOTE 2020 collects only the necessary basic information about the users/participants necessary for fulfilling our obligations as the conference organization as well as inform you about the manner of using the collected data. We give you the possibility of updating your data, including the ability to decide whether or not to remove your name from the mailing list . The data that is necessary is marked by the * in the system, other data may help to organize the event in more personalized way.
Type of personal data
- Personal information related to your identity which includes your name, surname, title, e-mail address, phone number, dietary preferences, full address and VAT number of your institution/employer.
- The range of personal data that CPOTE 2020 collects depends on the legal basis for collecting data. CPOTE 2020 continuously takes care of collecting only the necessary personal data needed to achieve the legally defined purpose in which data are processed.
- CPOTE 2020 gathers data directly from the users themselves, from publicly available sources (for example, public contact information on web pages) and indirectly in the case of scientific papers that are submitted for presentation at the conference and/or publication in scientific journals, and which have multiple authors. Therefore, it is necessary that one of the authors lists has rights to manage and sharing of the personal data of other co-authors.
Use of collected data
We will use the data we collect about you to provide you with the best possible service. Some of the ways in which we can use your personal information are:
- To identify you as an event participant,
- To identify you and your co-authors as authors of scientific papers and/or other conference materials in electronic and/or printed versions,
- In order to contact you with information about CPOTE 2020, CPOTE 2020 conference materials, as well as publishing in partner associated journals,
- To notify you of relevant and valuable information related to the events for which you have applied, event reports, and information related to similar upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
All personal data is strictly kept and only available to authorized CPOTE 2020 employees and co-organizers if necessary, for example, to issue invoices or for legal obligations (e.g. for the purpose of recording and validating the identity of the participant) and only in the minimum necessary extent. The organizer uses technical and organizational measures aimed at adequate, appropriate to threats and categories of data covered by the protection of the entrusted personal data. Co-organizer of events might contact you with some information about the CPOTE 2020 or event related to CPOTE 2020.
You can change your mind at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Access and update your personal information
Our users have the following rights at any time:
- right to access their data,
- the right to have information about the processing of personal data,
- the right to data transferability,
- the right to withdraw consent,
- the right to file a complaint,
- the right to correct and change the personal data in case the data are incomplete or inaccurate,
- the right to delete in cases such as termination of the purpose of processing, withdrawal of consent or in the event of an objection.
By sending a query to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, CPOTE 2020 will provide users with access to their personal data, correction of inaccurate personal data, deletion of personal data or limitation of processing their personal data, and inform them of the possibility of objecting to the processing of their personal data and the right to data transfer. The request of the personal data deletion will result in removal from the list of participants and will disable participation in the conference.
Providing information to Google Inc.
Our websites are regularly maintained and are trying to protect them against any unauthorized use. When applying for participation in CPOTE 2020, it is necessary to open an account in an online system, giving each user a password. The CPOTE 2020 takes into account the risks related to the processing of data arising from:
- accidental or unlawful destruction,
- loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure of data,
- unauthorized access to personal data transition, storing or otherwise processing.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
CPOTE 2020 reserves the right to modify and supplement this Statement at any time. It is recommended that all interested parties regularly check the contents of the CPOTE 2020 web site for information about the up-to-date content of this statement.
Gliwice, September 20.